Resources, articles & links
Listed below are some links to more information about the psychotherapy process and what to expect so you can make informed decisions.
- What to expect in psychotherapy
- What to expect from your first session
- What is psychology?
- The benefits of psychotherapy
- How the patient makes therapy work
Psychodynamic psychotherapy articles
If you would like to read more about psychodynamic psychotherapy there here are some great resources for you to start with:
- A systematic review of the effectiveness of psychodynamic psychotherapy can be found here.
- An article about how psychodynamic psychotherapy can bring lasting change can be found here.
- A web-page about psychodynamic psychotherapy can be found here.
- An article touching on the core principles of this approach can be found here.
Other useful articles
Other psychology resources
For mental health emergencies contact:
- Barwon Health Access Team – 1300 094 187
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- Suicide Helpline – 1300 651 251